If you’re like me, then you’re slow to get around to making a blog button for yourself. Well, I finally got around to it yesterday and I am proud to introduce the Kirsty Girl blog button! *cheers*
So last night as I was trolling the internet trying to find an easy solution to my “Blog without a blog button” dilemma, I came across many, many posts about how to make your own blog button. Of course I already know how to write “Kirsty Girl” over a picture and to make my picture little enough, what I was having trouble with was the little “grab it” scrolly box underneath. All of the blogs I came across with the relevant tutorials were very long-winded and confusing. So I am going to show you how to make one, easily and simply.
- First of all you need to make a picture 125 pixels by 125 pixels. Okay, so mine was actually 125 by 126… so if you’re a little off, don’t worry.
- Secondly you need to upload your picture to somewhere you can get the URL for it, such as photobucket or imageshack (which is what I use).
- Now it’s time to copy and paste my code:
- Now each time it says “http://kirstygirl7.blogspot.com” I want you to erase and put in your own page address.
- And where it says “http://img148.imageshack.us…” you need to put in your own pictures URL from the host that you uploaded your picture to.
- Where it says “Kirsty Girl” you can type in the name of your own blog or alternatively something like Grab My Button. It really doesn’t matter.
- Now simply type in the Title of your choice above and click Save, and of course “Save” again when you’re in the Page Elements window.
- And there you have it. Your very own Blog Button!
I hope this helps some of you, or you are inspired to create your own blog button if you haven’t already done so! Please feel free if you have any problems doing so to comment and I will get back to you.